Song of the Ainur
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Song of the Ainur

The LotRO Kinship on the Landroval server

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An Evening Occasion -- Saturday, June 28th

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Iluwen
Leader
Leader
Iluwen

Female
Number of posts : 71
Character Name : Iluwen
Level : 29
Race : Elf
Class : Lore-Master
Vocation : Explorer
Registration date : 2008-05-27

An Evening Occasion -- Saturday, June 28th Empty
PostSubject: An Evening Occasion -- Saturday, June 28th   An Evening Occasion -- Saturday, June 28th Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 10:22 am

Introduction

This will be Song of the Ainur's first official event! It is a role playing event, which means if you wish to attend, you must attend in character. If you are not an experienced role player, don't feel intimidated by this. We are not a heavy role playing Kinship, and we welcome people of all experience and interest levels. If you are past level 20 and have outfits, feel free to arrive in something other than your travel-wear.

Falathlorn Homesteads,
Erid Luin

When:
Saturday, June 28th

Time:
6:00 PST / 8:00 CST / 9:00 EST

Invitation

Join us for Song of the Ainur's Evening Occasion being held at Iluwen's personal home. We will start off the night with a bit of easy-going fishing in the stream in front of her house, where we can welcome incoming guests while enjoying the pleasures of the outdoors. Shortly later will be the grand tour of Iluwen's home, followed by desert and spirits. There will be muffins provided, along with alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Towards the end of the night, after our guests have had their drinks, we will be entertaining each other with short stories of our travels and adventures thus far.

Come and be merry and relax for a night with your fellow Kinship members!

Directions

At Bree's Western Gate, take the Swift Travel horse to Celondim. You will then be in Erid Luin. If you prefer to walk from here to save a bit of money, you may. If not, then take the horse ride to Duillond. Then, finally, from Duillond, take a horse down to the Falathlorn Homesteads. Once there, walk downs towards the path leading past the Milestone. Once you come up to the Homestead portal, select the neighborhood Talad Ring from the list. You will then enter Iluwen's neighborhood. From there, it's just the 3rd house to your left, down Haven Way road.

Here are visuals to help you out.

An Evening Occasion -- Saturday, June 28th ScreenShot00129
The red line marks the path the horse will take you, given my directions above.

An Evening Occasion -- Saturday, June 28th ScreenShot00128
This is the Talad Ring neighborhood. Iluwen's house is located where the curser is.

An Evening Occasion -- Saturday, June 28th ScreenShot00127
This is the front yard.

An Evening Occasion -- Saturday, June 28th ScreenShot00126
This is Iluwen's home.
Back to top Go down
http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/
Iluwen
Leader
Leader
Iluwen

Female

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Occasion -- Saturday, June 28th   An Evening Occasion -- Saturday, June 28th Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 10:45 am

A couple of added notes...

We can /say and use emotes for role playing at this event, and use the Kinship channel for OOC stuff.

If you wish to walk rather than run, the default key is Insert. (If you're on a laptop like I am, and don't have the Insert key, I set mine for the ] key.)

If you do happen to run out of food or drinks, you can still type /eat or /drink to appear to do both.

Hope to see you all there! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Iluwen
Leader
Leader
Iluwen

Female

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Occasion -- Saturday, June 28th   An Evening Occasion -- Saturday, June 28th Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 7:24 am

It'd be nice if you could RSVP so I can get a rough idea how much food and how many drinks to buy. I don't want to run short if we have more than I thought or spend more money than I need and have far too many!
Back to top Go down
Eleena
Ainu
Ainu

Female
Number of posts : 18
Character Name : Eleena
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Occasion -- Saturday, June 28th   An Evening Occasion -- Saturday, June 28th Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 8:20 pm

Sadly, I won't be able to make this one because of family obligations. I do hope you have a good turn out and that everyone has a great time.

Iluwen, I know you don't have kinship mail abilities until the kinship gets to its next level. If there is any way to send a message to the members in game with the event info and a RSVP request, it might bring more people out. We still seem to have too few members using the forum -- and I'm not sure how many read the message of the day. Certainly if people are in a kinship, they should take enough interest to read the message and the forums, but mailing them in game might be the best way to get their attention. Just a thought.

Have fun all!

Eleena
Back to top Go down
Iluwen
Leader
Leader
Iluwen

Female

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Occasion -- Saturday, June 28th   An Evening Occasion -- Saturday, June 28th Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:58 am

Sorry you won't be able to make, but thank you for letting me know.

I think that mailing each of them might be the best idea. Sadly, you're right - we still don't have many members here on the message board and I'm not sure if people even notice the MotD. No Thanks for the suggestion, and I think I'll try that!

I have invited our affliate Kinships - the Blood Ravens and Remnants of the Last Alliance, so I'm hoping to see at least a couple of them there in addition.
Back to top Go down
Iluwen
Leader
Leader
Iluwen

Female

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Occasion -- Saturday, June 28th   An Evening Occasion -- Saturday, June 28th Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 11:36 am

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Okay, well, seeing as only two people got back to me about this (and neither could make it), I have decided to call it off. I may still drop by my house to make sure no one's going to show up (as I did buy drinks and snacks), but I'm certainly not expecting it at this point...
Back to top Go down
redcomyn

Male
Number of posts : 1
Character Name : Sudacar
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Occasion -- Saturday, June 28th   An Evening Occasion -- Saturday, June 28th Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:48 pm

Guess I should have gotten with you earlier. I can probably make it, if you should decide to continue with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Occasion -- Saturday, June 28th   An Evening Occasion -- Saturday, June 28th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Evening Occasion -- Saturday, June 28th
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Song of the Ainur :: The Kinship :: Events-
Jump to: