Song of the Ainur
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Song of the Ainur

The LotRO Kinship on the Landroval server

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kinship Member List?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eleena
Ainu
Ainu

Female
Number of posts : 18
Character Name : Eleena
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Kinship Member List? Empty
PostSubject: Kinship Member List?   Kinship Member List? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 6:28 am

What would you think of adding a kinship member list to iluwen.webs.com at some point? The negative would be the need to update it as we grow, but I think there would be advantages to knowing who else is in the kinship. How else can we send out kinship social invitations? *wink* Aside from any member networking potential, it would help prospects know what to expect in terms of what size kinship we are and it would make it a lot easier to give a reasonably accurate answer if a potential prospect asked us how many members we had. I know we have a forum member list here, but unfortunately, since most of our members have not registered here yet, the forum member listing makes us look like a smaller group than we are. Just a thought.

Eleena
Back to top Go down
Snowhawk
Ainu
Ainu

Male
Number of posts : 14
Character Name : Snowhawk
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Kinship Member List?   Kinship Member List? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 8:18 am

I agree with Eleena, but even take a step farther to include what your alts are. This way when someone pops up in kinchat, we know who they are. Or, you could have everyone put who their main is in the player notes of each of their alts in the kin member listing ingame.
Back to top Go down
Iluwen
Leader
Leader
Iluwen

Female
Number of posts : 71
Character Name : Iluwen
Level : 29
Race : Elf
Class : Lore-Master
Vocation : Explorer
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Kinship Member List?   Kinship Member List? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:40 am

Well current members can see all of our members any time you're in-game (simply by clicking the button that shows either who is just online or everyone).

I think having a member list though could help to show others just how big we are. However, it could cause a lot of headaches for me in the process. I might want to consider a rule of "You must be with us at least 1 week to be added to the member list," since there are those people who join and immediately after, for some reason, decide to leave. That could get more than annoying on my part.

I could easily add people's alts next to their mains as well. It would just be up to those players to provide me with the names of all their alts (or at least the ones they want displayed on our website).

I have some more planning to do, I think, in terms of our policies.
Back to top Go down
http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/
Iluwen
Leader
Leader
Iluwen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kinship Member List?   Kinship Member List? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:57 am

You know, something I just thought of -- keeping a membr list (as well as having a probation period) would also mean remembering the join dates of every single player that joins us. That could also get to be a pain. I'd have to keep a list or something and check it constantly to see if they've made it past 2 weeks yet. That doesn't sound like fun... I guess what needs to be done, eh?
Back to top Go down
Titarian
Ainu
Ainu

Male
Number of posts : 10
Character Name : Titarian
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Kinship Member List?   Kinship Member List? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm

As for the website list of people I would just introduce you main folks for now. Adding everyone plus alts would be a ton of work right now since you are heavily recruiting.

As for the keeping track of people you could always create a spreadsheet with names and dates. Or you could create an officers forum only seen by officers and have a dedicated post there.
Back to top Go down
Iluwen
Leader
Leader
Iluwen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kinship Member List?   Kinship Member List? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 3:42 pm

Titarian wrote:
As for the website list of people I would just introduce you main folks for now. Adding everyone plus alts would be a ton of work right now since you are heavily recruiting.

As for the keeping track of people you could always create a spreadsheet with names and dates. Or you could create an officers forum only seen by officers and have a dedicated post there.

That's a really good idea. Smile I think I may have to do that! Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Eleena
Ainu
Ainu

Female
Number of posts : 18
Character Name : Eleena
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Kinship Member List?   Kinship Member List? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 9:14 pm

We really only need to track the alts that join the kinship. There is no way to monitor a member's behavior without knowing all the kin members that he/she plays so I think it is information we are going to need.

Any alts not in the kin won't be in our kin chat to cause problems there and their behavior outside the kin should (in most cases) not relect on the kin since they won't have our tag so focusing on alts within the kinship makes sense.

Anybody with alts not in the kin whose behavior is offensive enough to create a problem for our kinship (despite not having our tag) is probably someone we are going to eliminate from the kinship entirely anyway when it becomes an obvious problem.

If you ask all new members to fill out the application form on the web site and add a section on the form for them to indicate what alts they want added to the kinship at the time they join, it will be easier to keep track of who joined when and what alts have.

Just save the (dated) applications so you have their join date. Put them in folders by month joined and once a month, say on the 15th or whatever, add all members who are in the previous month's folder to the kinship member list. All of them would have been a member for at least two weeks.

You could add a stickied post or short form to the forum for people to request having their other/new alts added to the kinship later. You would need to refer people there if they asked you in game to add their alt.

Hope that all came out making sense. *smile* Just my two cents worth.

Eleena
Back to top Go down
Snowhawk
Ainu
Ainu

Male
Number of posts : 14
Character Name : Snowhawk
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Kinship Member List?   Kinship Member List? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 10:40 am

Also you might want to consider delegating some duties to your officers as they come in. Having the kinship leader do everything will quickly drain you of the "fun factor" of this game. Officers for recruitment, events, instance runs..etc. This way you don't have the load all on your shoulders alone, and you can enjoy the game. I have been in guilds/kinships where this was not done, and the leader was basically standing in one spot for hours on end trying to answer questions from guildies. Again, just something to consider as your kinship continues to grow

Snow
Back to top Go down
Iluwen
Leader
Leader
Iluwen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kinship Member List?   Kinship Member List? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 10:46 am

Thanks for the advice, you two.

Oh jeez, yes, having Officers with different duties will be useful. I only need to find Officers now at this point!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kinship Member List?   Kinship Member List? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kinship Member List?
Page 1 of 1