Song of the Ainur
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Song of the Ainur

The LotRO Kinship on the Landroval server

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stratics Dev Chat

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Titarian
Ainu
Ainu

Male
Number of posts : 10
Character Name : Titarian
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Stratics Dev Chat Empty
PostSubject: Stratics Dev Chat   Stratics Dev Chat Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 2:05 pm

As I was randomly selecting websites attempting to find any actual news from Turbine about MoM release I came across this.

From massively.com

* An improved Monster Play login screen is in the works, with no definite timeframe yet.
* Since Book 13 focused so much on solo play, expect Book 14 to refocus on group play.
* Three new 6-man instances will be be introduced, as well as new deeds for the Urugarth, Carn Dum, Barad Gularan and Annuminas instances.
* Two new session instances will be introduced. These will not be at the level of the chicken play, but they do have plans for several more with MoM.
* One of the core focuses with MoM is character customization and improvements as far as traits and new features.
* The next Hobby is almost ready, with many more to come.
* Poison will not be introduced for the good guys, as it is restricted in Tolkien lore to evil use only.

Dev Chat Link
Back to top Go down
Eleena
Ainu
Ainu

Female
Number of posts : 18
Character Name : Eleena
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Stratics Dev Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stratics Dev Chat   Stratics Dev Chat Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 2:19 pm

Very cool! Most of the content will be way too advanced for me, I suspect, but I still am excited about some of the things they will be adding. I'm really curious about the new vocations, of course, and I really like that they are going to come out with more hobbies. Hmm... wish character customization would extend to giving us more options so we don't all look so much alike. I know, I have strange priorities. *grin* A power-leveler I am not so the fun stuff excites me. Thanks for sharing the news!

Eleena
Back to top Go down
Titarian
Ainu
Ainu

Male
Number of posts : 10
Character Name : Titarian
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Stratics Dev Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stratics Dev Chat   Stratics Dev Chat Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 2:50 pm

Well, since the game is one of the more heavily RP'd I'd hope the developers take that into consideration when designing more content. New zones and all will be nice, mostly because we've still got tons of Middle-Earth to discover but at the end of the day I'll still end up at someones house smoking pipeweed and playing my lute.
Back to top Go down
Eleena
Ainu
Ainu

Female
Number of posts : 18
Character Name : Eleena
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Stratics Dev Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stratics Dev Chat   Stratics Dev Chat Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:04 pm

*giggle* Love it!

Certainly agree with you there. Wonder if the developers realize what they got themselves into when they gave us a world where we could really make ourselves at home.

Would love to see us create a space of our own in one of the neighborhoods. Would be fun hanging out there and having neighborhood events. Guess I better start working up my bank account so I am ready to move in when the kinship does. I tend to spend as fast as I earn. *smile*

Eleena
Back to top Go down
Iluwen
Leader
Leader
Iluwen

Female
Number of posts : 71
Character Name : Iluwen
Level : 29
Race : Elf
Class : Lore-Master
Vocation : Explorer
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Stratics Dev Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stratics Dev Chat   Stratics Dev Chat Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:16 pm

Wonderful timing -- I myself was looking into Mines of Moria last night for any added information. Thanks for posting this!

I, too, will be excited for the character customization and the new Hobby. Smile I love it when games give you a lot of choices to make your character look exactly the way you want them to. I cannot wait for them to introduce new lands - there's so much more of Middle-earth left to explore! I'd personally love to see Rohan and Gondor. It'd be amazing if elves could sail to the Grey Havens on the Gulf of Lune. ^^ I think they should add mounted combat as well, and sailing. Those two things would be entirely new to the MMO world.
Back to top Go down
http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

Stratics Dev Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stratics Dev Chat   Stratics Dev Chat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stratics Dev Chat
Page 1 of 1